For Immediate Release
November 25, 2020
The ‘Great America Party’ Issues a Thanksgiving Declaration for the American People
(Washington, D.C.): At a moment of profound distress for millions of Americans and uncertainty about the future of their country, the national holiday of Thanksgiving affords an opportunity for prayerful stocktaking and course-correcting. In response, a fledgling political force – the Great America Party (GAP) – has offered a platform for a return to the principles of the country’s founding in the hope that it will serve as a focal point for families and communities as they express gratitude for this exceptional nation and recommit to its survival in the face of growing threats from enemies, foreign and domestic.
The Great America Party platform was issued today in the form of a Thanksgiving Declaration with the following highlights:
At the founding of our country in 1776, courageous Americans pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor to secure liberty from a government that was unaccountable and that denied them rights given to all men by their Creator. On this day dedicated to prayerful Thanksgiving, as we come together as families and a nation in prayerful celebration of our great national experiment, current generations of Americans must resolve, like our forefathers, to resist tyranny and preserve freedom by declaring, and pursuing, a New Founding for this country.
The GAP platform specifically repudiates what amounts to today’s anti-American repression, including: the effort to steal the election; the failure of the Nation’s two dominant parties to represent and safeguard the freedoms of the vast majority of Americans; restrictions on, among other constitutionally guaranteed liberties, our freedom of speech; the indoctrination of our children; and other abuses by elites. It pledges:
In response to such outrages, Americans who cherish this country’s founding principles – and who are determined both to continue to enjoy their benefits and preserve them for future generations – commit ourselves to renew the Founders’ efforts to achieve a more perfect Union, one that is: rooted in justice; ensures domestic tranquility; provides for the common defense, promotes the general welfare; and secures the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.
The Great America Party’s principles include:
- The United States is truly an exceptional nation, conceived in liberty, under God and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. We have a duty to our children and their children to protect and defend her, and pass on a free, secure nation for them to do the same. For our posterity to perform, in turn, their duty, they must be taught to revere the country all of us are privileged to call our own.
- The United States is distinguished by its accountable, representative form of republican government established and governed by its Constitution. That document is, and must remain, the supreme law of the land. Its checks-and-balances crafted by the Founders to prevent governmental abuses and tyranny must be safeguarded and strengthened, not weakened and dismantled.
- The United States is a nation governed by the rule of law, adopted with the consent of the people by their elected representatives and applied equally to everyone. It is the duty of government at every level to prevent unlawful threats to public safety, property and the Constitution, itself.
- The United States is a beacon of freedom and inspiration for others the world over. America’s strength must be maintained so as to ensure that its enemies, foreign and domestic, can neither extinguish liberty here at home nor preclude its pursuit by our friends who seek it abroad.
To advance these foundational principles, the Great America Party:
- Welcomes every American who shares GAP’s principles and seeks to inspire, empower and make common cause with those determined to safeguard them;
- Will work with and endorse those associated with other parties and movements that embrace GAP’s principles;
- Opposes those who seek to undermine, mutate or supplant GAP’s principles, whether by violent or non-violent means.
- Intends to ensure that America’s past is appropriately honored and that its greatest days are ahead.
To paraphrase the founder of one of the United States’ most important political parties, Abraham Lincoln, the Great America Party looks forward to contributing to unifying and giving voice to the aspirations of Great Americans of every race, creed and background across this country for a new birth of freedom under a government truly of, by and for the people, so that this constitutional Republic, under God, shall not perish from the earth.
To interview a representative of the Great America Party or for more information, contact Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, Jeff Tolson, 610.584.1096, ext. 108, or Deborah Hamilton, ext. 102.
SPREAD THE WORD